Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Flowers?! for me?! you shouldn't have ;)

February 14: Valentine's Day.

WARNING: This blog about V-Day is written in perspective of a MAN. I already know what I'm getting myself into, but hey, I've got nothing to lose.

Now, we all know the story of Valentine's Day, so I'm not going to bore you with it. Some people like to use this time as A DAY to celebrate their beautiful relationship with their partner, maybe by a bouquet of flowers, chocolate, candle lit dinner for 2, soft love music playing in the background, etc etc.. yet, of course we've all heard it before..

WHY JUST ONE DAY?! of course we shouldn't focus on just one day to show others we love them.. it should be a natural thing we do throughout or lives. Again, we know this too. And again, I will not bore you with knowledge you already have, or should have.

I'm not here to lecture, I'm here to let you in on how i feel about Valentine's Day. I am one of those who would say
"Valentine's Day?! but.. didn't I just take you out to dinner?!"

I think Valentine's Day isn't for everyone, meaning it's for those who have such a busy schedule trying to raise a family, it's sort of a "reminder," and since Saint Valentine is celebrated this day, why not kill two birds with one stone? Seriously, not EVERYONE is perfect, so of course we will have one of those years where things just get so hectic during life, you need a little reminder. So yeah, a celebration for your relationship should be done throughout time, but I feel for those who are just caught up in things. And the 14th is the day you both can share that one moment throughout your busy schedule.

I'm not perfect, so I may have not shown it so much during V-day, but I'm sure I was able to show it during the relationship, I mean why else would it last so long? I'm not bragging, but then again, shit.. people don't call me "BOMB in the form of man" or "10%" for nothing ;)

So how do I feel about V-day? It sucks. It's sort of a reminder for me.. that during all that time I did the little things, and the big things, I have nothing to show for it. Yeah so I may be a bit greedy, but thats what happens when you put someone else before your own needs. But for me, my needs were to make someone else happy.

There is no greater feeling than putting a smile on someone's face. Your heart pitter patters, your knees get weak, you get a rush of feelings in all your senses.. overall it's probably the greatest high you can get, or so I think. So yeah I should have been thinking of myself, to be more independent and all, but I'd rather go through life knowing I could make someone smile so much, and not reach my "dream life". Maybe that is my dream life; make someone happy, THEN be successful. Maybe my success is found in other peoples happiness.. hmm..

Valentine's Day gives me mixed feelings. A single person having to endure the day where two people who are attracted to each other celebrate their relationship. GREAT. thanks for reminding me IM SINGLE. But then again, thanks for reminding me IM SINGLE. and YOUNG. and I know I can express my love also, maybe even better than you! and right now is not the time, but time will pass and I will have my Valentine's Day. SHE will have MY Valentine's Day, and it may not be celebrated on the 14th of February, but rather on the days I want to remind her how much I care.

There you have it. MARC and V-Day. have a good one everyone, and if you don't have that other person by your side, don't fret. Your day will come, and you will make it the best V-Day for that special someone. I know I will.

Musiq Soulchild "Love"

Many days I've longed for you
Wanting you
Hoping for the chance to get to know you
Longing for your kiss
For your kiss, for your touch, for your feel, for your essense
Many nights I've cried from the things you do
Felt like I could die from the thought of losing you
I know that you're real
With no doubt, and no fears
And no questions

Love
So many people use your name in vain
Love
Those who have faith in you sometimes go astray
Love
Through all the ups and downs, the joy and hurt
Love
For better or worse I still will choose you first


[marc]

1 comments:

Sheena said...

I also think that people should celebrate their "love" - whether it's with a girl/boyfriend, friends, & family - every day.. but I think we sorta talked about this already. Nice post though.

But foreal? Foreal.. you HAAAD to bust out the Musiq lyrics. Nnmm.